A leading national design, engineering and construction firm is seeking a self-motivated Construction Project Manager. Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge and history of executing projects successfully with a focus on Safety, Schedule, Quality and Budget.
This position is at the company’s Michigan Operations. The Austin Company is expanding services in the area and a highly motivated and organized project manager for new clients and for new services to existing long-term clients. The firm has a stable 70 year history in West Michigan and was founded over 140 years ago.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Flexible Position
- Excellent Growth Opportunities
- Challenging and Complex Projects
- Great Overall Compensation Package, Including Healthcare Benefits & 401k
- Very Visible
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the project from start to finish – including safety management, estimating, cost control, scheduling, coordination and quality management.
As Project Manager you will be responsible overall management of one or more assigned construction projects. This will include proposal preparation, project planning and execution, coordinating with client representatives and engineers, directing superintendents, coordinating subcontractors and managing and forecasting job costs.
Projects managed may be under different contract structures – from CM, Trade Contractor, General Contractor, and Design-Build. Pricing strategies will also vary by project. A typical project has one or more field-superintendents assisting with in-field coordination.
What You Need to Have for this Position:
- Ability to form project teams and communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with owner and representatives.
- Efficiently manage time to ensure deadlines are met on projects by Austin and subcontracted personnel.
- Continually improve client and subcontractor relations.
- At least 3 years of experience and knowledge of construction.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management.
- Technical knowledge of construction including the ability to: read prints, create schedules, estimate projects, and evaluate constructability and logistics.
- Software knowledge: fluent use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Outlook are requirements for this position. Bluebeam, CAD, Timberline, and SketchUp are a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 Year Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Related Field
- Experience managing others
- 3 to 10 Years of Experience in Project Management, Life Science & Food/Beverage a Plus
- Ability to travel locally
Austin offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical and Dental, Life, STD, LTD, and 401K with matching as well as a competitive salary with opportunity for advancement.
The Austin Company is an EEO and DFWP Employer
Austin is wholly owned subsidiary of Kajima.