This position reports directly to the Vice President of Western Operations. Must have the ability to exercise good independent judgment in a variety of situations, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, administrative and organizational expertise and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities.
In addition, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, use tact and discretion when dealing with confidential business matters and be able to work skillfully at handling a wide variety of activities while meeting deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a variety of internal initiatives, many of which may have considerable organizational impact
- Capable of independently handling a large, complex workload, effectively coordinating multiple resources, and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment having competing priorities
- Creative and innovative techniques for performing administrative responsibilities that enhances office workflow processes and business rhythms
- Interpret and adapt guidelines with minimal assistance, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation
- Attend and actively participate in senior level meetings
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks such as: managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing confidential correspondence; arranging complex itineraries and agendas; generating meeting minutes and action items, and ensuring they are accomplished in a timely manner
- Handle all requests for meetings and appointments, scheduling or redirecting as necessary and ensuring the VP’s time is used wisely
- Maintain communication with executives throughout the day, as needed via text or e–mail to ensure they keep to their schedules and are made aware of schedule changes.
- Prepare and distribute internal communications including: agendas, presentations, and talking points specifically designed for each audience being addressed
- Event planning and execution – training sessions, executive retreats, company-wide communication meetings
- Act as a “barometer”, having a sense for any issues and keeping the VP updated
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum five to seven years’ related experience with progressive responsibility supporting C-Suite executives
- College degree or equivalent training or work experience
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Commitment to onsite presence during business hours with the ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective while independently executing multiple priorities
- Self-managed with a proven track record of using initiative to achieve goals and meet timelines
- Professional presence and demeanor including the ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- A high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic