A leading national designer, engineer and constructor is seeking a self- motivated Construction Manager. Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge and history of executing projects successfully with a focus on safety, schedule, quality and budget.
This position is at the Company’s Eastern Operations office in Cleveland, Ohio. The Austin Company continues to expand services accross the nation and is seeking a highly motivated and organized construction manager for new clients and for new services to existing long-term clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the project from start to finish, including:
- Safety management
- Cost control
- Quality management
As Construction Manager, you will be responsible for overall management of one or more assigned construction projects that range in value from $5 million to $25 million, including project planning and execution, coordinating with client representatives and engineers, directing super-intendents, coordinating subcontractors, and managing and forecast-ing job costs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to form project teams and communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with owner and representatives.
- Efficiently manage time to ensure deadlines are met on projects by Austin and subcontracted personnel.
- Continually improve client and subcontractor relations.
- At least 12 years’ experience and knowledge of construction, preferably on industrial and manufacturing projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management a plus.
- Technical knowledge of construction, including the ability to read prints, create schedules, estimate projects, and evaluate constructability and logistics.
- Software knowledge: fluent use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Outlook are requirements for this position. Premivera, Bluebeam, CAD, Procore and SketchUp are a plus.