Responsible for supervising all aspects of MEP construction on a project and is accountable for ensuring compliance with construction documents, specifications, codes, schedules as well as controlling cost to ensure the project is constructed within the Budgets provided. The Area Superintendent must provide the necessary leadership to keep the day-to-day operations running smoothly on the project assigned, or their designated section of responsibility by establishing work tasks to be completed by subcontractor and their crews. This position reviews and controls labor and material costs associated with Changes to the project scope and ensures that work being done by subcontractors is accomplished at the lowest cost possible. Continual inspection of the work being completed in accordance with the construction documents is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Construction Manager in providing jobsite leadership and direction on all MEP issues.
- Help manage all assigned jobsite field personnel to effectively perform their job requirements.
- Contribute to the management of job activities in accordance with The Austin Company’s policies and procedures and within the bounds of the project contract.
- Assist as needed in maintaining client and Austin relations.
- As required, manage all field operations of subcontractors to effectively install their portion of the work.
- Maintain a working relationship with project subcontractors.
- Ascertain and assure the quality of the work is in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Maintain a clean, orderly jobsite.
- Manage all field labor to accomplish designated tasks.
- Enforce jobsite safety procedures to comply with all OSHA regulations.
- Maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and events.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of quality control programs and life safety procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Normally requires a a mechanical or electrical engineering degree with 4 years of related experience OR 8+ years related experience in one of the HVAC, plumbing or electrical trade
- Due to the nature of the project, US citizenship is required
- Experience across Industrial and/or Commercial projects is required
- Experience in MEP Estimating is preferred