The Austin Company, a leading national designer, engineer and constructor is seeking a self-motivated Construction Project Accountant. This position is at the company’s Corporate office in Cleveland, OH . The Austin Company continues to expand services accross the nation and is seeking a highly motivated and organized Project Accountant to help the project team succeed. The Austin Company is a long standing premire Design Builder and was founded over 140 years ago.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM), APMs, PEs and Superintendent regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft (Pencil Review/Draw with Client) and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Mail/ Email final invoices and file Subcontractors, consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder on Austin Server.
- Track all Invoice deliverable dates to and from client and inform Project Manager and
- Accounting Supervisor when delays occur.
- Obtain all levels of required Lien Releases from Subcontractors and Consultants which include multi-tier subcontractors.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the
- Accounting Supervisor, as to observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Meet with project Managers and others from project team to accurately forecast project via the Job Conditions Statement report and any other cost forecasting reports needed.
- Maintain the billing folder (digital) with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Work with appropriate Corporate Accounting personnel related to project needed information for use in monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PMs and others.
- Assist in year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Communicate and coordinate with the local offices.
Should be knowledgeable in the area of insurance and how to apply this knowledge to protect the company and its clients.
Should be knowledgeable in the area of contracts terms including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and how they apply to the business process.
- At least 5 years experience with billing and receivables and at least 3 years’ previous experience in accounting for either General Contracting or Design Build companies
- Knowledge of a construction projects structure in a client/consultant business structure.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Detail and deadline-oriented and can respond appropriately to changes in priorities
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of View Point software a plus.