Acts as staff specialist in providing technical guidance for complex or unique assignments. The incumbent must be capable of applying diversified knowledge of architectural design principles and practices and independently making decisions on significant architectural design problems and methods.
Duties and Skills
- Participates in the development of project design concepts and criteria.
- Organizes project information and records systems.
- Designs major structures and prepares architectural working drawings and related project documents.
- Monitors project progress to measure technical accuracy and adherence to scope, schedule and budget. Reports any discrepancies to the Chief Architect and offers solutions to them.
- Makes recommendations on design alternatives and assists in proposal preparation.
- May plan, organize, and supervise architectural design activities for a project of significant size and complexity (e.g., a multi-structure facility requiring frequent interface and collaboration with various engineering disciplines).
- May be responsible for reviewing department drawings to ensure accuracy and compliance with specifications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Normally requires a 5-year Architecture degree
- Typically 5-10 years’ related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
- This includes considerable experience in utilizing various computer software packages such as Revit and other automated design equipment.
- Experience in the construction industry is essential.
- Experience with industrial and/or aerospace projects is preferred.