Manages the full life cycle (initiation-execution/control-closeout) of design engineering or engineering/construction projects. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, cash flow, quality, communications, resources, procurement, and risk elements required to optimize client service, quality, and fiscal responsibility. The Project Manager is the liaison between Austin and the client and coordinates all aspects of the project including engineering, construction, purchasing as well as accounting and estimating. The Project Manager also handles all contractual matters after the engineering and construction contract is signed. This includes processing of change orders, preparing and reviewing the monthly job condition statements and resolving disputes with clients and subcontractors regarding contractual scope of work issues. The Project Manager’s overall objective is to build and maintain a positive client relationship, and to achieve or exceed scope, schedule and budget for the project.
The incumbent must be capable of managing a medium-size project ranging from $10 to $50 million in projected gross revenue.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in project estimating and proposal preparation to the extent required.
- Enters all information for AWA’s, meeting minutes and change orders in ProMIS.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to Austin to define project scope, determine work packages, and develop schedules, budgets.
- Has regular contact with the client representative to obtain the more detailed information required to assure that engineering decisions on project/implementation meet client operational needs and are in line with the contractual scope of work.
- Establishes Austin-client liaison network to keep all interested parties informed of project planning, start date, completion date and work progress.
- Documents all changes in scope, sees that the client understands the consequent changes in cost and time and that the client authorizes the changes, then coordinates all changes between the field, client, Purchasing and Engineering.
- Directs the project team and sees that responsibilities are assigned and execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to Federal, state, and local authorities for code compliance review and obtains the various permits required.
- Holds regularly scheduled project progress review meetings to ensure that:
- A project contract’s terms, conditions, and specifications are being met.
- Project personnel adhere to federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Delays and cost overruns, at best, are entirely avoided, or, at worst, kept to a minimum.
- Manpower, equipment, materials, and quality problems are recognized for timely intervention and resolution.
- On-site supervision maintains staff morale and interacts appropriately with client counterparts.
- Information for progress billing purposes is submitted correctly and on time.
- Meets with client management periodically during a project’s term to resolve issues and at a project’s completion to obtain final client approvals.
- Maintains a continuing business relationship with major clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Normally requires a 4-year degree in Engineering or Architecture and typically 15+ years’ experience in design or engineering, and/or field construction (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Professional registration or certification is preferred. Prior PM assignments typically include primarily engineering and some engineering/construction projects of smaller scope and complexity.
Austin offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical and Dental, Life, STD, LTD, and 401K with matching as well as a competitive salary with opportunity for advancement.
The Austin Company is an EEO and DFWP Employer
Austin is wholly owned subsidiary of Kajima.