Experienced, Dedicated Consultants
Austin Consulting’s team of professional business location consultants can guide you through the entire site selection process, from start to finish. We provide businesses with the expertise and information needed to make intelligent decisions when selecting locations for new facilities.
We have extensive experience supporting manufacturing and industrial clients from around the globe on site selection and incentives negotiations. Whether you’re adding a new plant to increase capacity, replacing a dated facility, or looking to optimize your production and distribution footprint, Austin’s location consultants can help you make the right decision.
Our full-time group of economic geographers, commercial real estate experts and logistics specialists offer:
Tailored Location Solutions
The location of your new facility is a decision that your company will live with for decades. While there is often a push to get to the design-build phase of the project, site location is not a decision to be taken lightly. Key factors to consider include:
- New structure versus renovated existing building
- Labor market, availability of specific training at community colleges
- Transportation and logistics
- Utility costs – one-time and ongoing
- Local regulations for your industry
- Available incentives
Making informed decisions is critical and Austin Consulting’s expertise in site selection helps organizations minimize risk and maximize potential success. We help clients build consensus as we provide data-driven, detailed reports and recommendations. Our services are tailored to fit your needs.
Our in-house team brings expertise and experience to every project, taking advantage of new technology in our analysis and sharing potential issues you may encounter along the way.
Why Austin Consulting?
- Location Experts – We have evaluated thousands of sites and communities. We are actively engaged in multiple location projects and stay current on location trends, labor market dynamics, transportation networks, incentive programs and other factors that drive site selection decisions.
- Value – We are fully committed to delivering value to your organization. Tangible examples include near-term cost savings, long-term operating cost minimization, financial and tax incentives, and risk mitigation.
- Strategic – We understand each project is different. Selecting a new location has immediate implications and long-term impacts on your business. We take the time to understand your business and look for opportunities to achieve ancillary benefits throughout the project.
- Quality – Make a confident and informed decision based on quality information and data. Our research team is highly skilled in labor market and demographic analysis, financial and operating cost evaluation, transportation cost modeling, economic modeling, and supply chain research.
- Technical – We are supported by a world-class team of engineering and construction professionals. We have expertise evaluating technical issues ranging from electrical redundancy, rail feasibility, wastewater discharge and unique building requirements, to identifying issues that can impact site development, schedule and project cost.
- Passionate – You’ll know right away you are working with a passionate team of individuals who take pride in their work. We thrive on new challenges and staying current on location and industry trends. We also have a proven ability to adapt to market and operational pressures that require responsiveness.
- Collaborative – Nobody understands your business better than you. We act as an extension of your team and gather input from key stakeholders and departments to improve decision-making and alignment.
Austin Consulting projects include manufacturing plants, food processing facilities, metal-working, assembly component operations, office facilities, R&D, laboratories, distribution and fulfillment centers, among others.
Our client list includes companies based in North America, Europe and Asia. Austin Consulting specializes in providing services for projects that require a unique blend of confidentiality, unbiased information and cost-effective solutions. Our clients come to us for our experience in their industry and facility type, and for our proven ability to deliver high-quality results.
Backed by Austin’s in-house designers, engineers and construction professionals, and with the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing variables, Austin can accommodate fluctuating project requirements, budgets and agendas. Austin will work with your company in a resourceful, collaborative way to achieve your project goals.
Our experience covers many facility types and industries, including: