Integrated Approach to the Baking and Snack Industry
The Austin Company’s in-house team’s experience extends well beyond decades of designing and constructing baking and snack food processing facilities. Austin’s professionals are involved at the Board level at BEMA, ISB and IBIE, collaborating with committees as standards are set for facilities and equipment.
Our baking and snack industry experts are professional engineering and operations managers with years of experience working for food manufacturing companies and provide the unique insight from an experienced, hands-on perspective. They enter projects knowing the processes, equipment and your need for a facility that’s safe, clean and adaptable.
It is this expertise that we bring to the table for every baking and snack facility project.
For more than a century, Austin’s fully integrated approach to design, engineering and construction has led to becoming a recognized leader in the food, beverage and consumer products industries. Our team includes experts in the baking and snack industry, including professionals who work closely with national and international baking equipment associations and equipment manufacturers.
We understand this industry’s uniqueness and complexity. Austin has deep knowledge of the processes, equipment and how to precisely design and build facilities that meet the industry’s highest standards and incorporate trends, including mezzanine levels for packaging, ingredient delivery automation, and vertical proofing systems.
- Food Safety and FSMA, drives much of the detail of our designs today, whereas HACCP alone drove them in the past.
- People Safety is equally important to Food Safety and our designs are planned around safe and easy access.
- Finding and keeping the best employees has never been more of a challenge. Our architects apply a strong focus to the design of all employee areas.
Austin’s innovative solutions result in sustainable, flexible and efficient facilities for processing, product development and distribution. We have extensive experience providing location consulting, design and engineering, and construction services for greenfield plants or around existing operations to minimize down time or lost production during a facility expansion or relocation.
Austin addresses the complete needs of each baking and snack food production facility project, including:
- Fully baked, frozen products, are becoming more popular and we provide complete refrigeration design.
- Speed of construction is always a project driver and Austin’s lean design and construction techniques support accelerated schedules.
- Quality of construction is an increasing challenge due to labor shortages and fewer young people entering the building trades. We address this through on-site quality programs.