We are currently looking to fill a full time position in our BIM/VDC department. You will be implementing the latest in BIM/VDC technology to assist in the design & Construction Coordination process. As a BIM Coordinator you will be working in a fast paced, ever changing environment, driving exceptional quality and service for large industrial clients. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, & have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
The BIM coordinator will coordinate the process of generating and managing digital 3d models; building information models are virtual files that streamline the decision-making process & provide a fully coordinated ‘digital twin’ of the design throughout the entire project lifecycle. The BIM coordinator must be well-educated in all phases of design and construction.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct clash detection meetings / constructability reviews
- Setup Revit Projects for design teams / Develop & Maintain templates
- Provide on-going QA/QC for standards adherence to Austin Corporate Standards
- Review & Audit consultant models & 2d cad files and link into design enviroment
- Provide discipline specific training in Revit, Navisworks and Autocad
- Provide On-going advanced training to Revit Discipline Leads
- Support BIM Manager in standards development, maintenance & enforcement
- Support BIM Manager in creation of standard families & content creation
- Utilize Automation software to track model metrics, standards
- Manage data transfers between clients, owners, consultants & sub-contractors
- Support BIM Manager in development of standard workflow enhancements
- Coordinate / Collaborate with sister company BIM personnel
- On-boarding/training of new staff in all BIM software
- Coordinate / Manage BIM data among project teams
- Support marketing/sales efforts
- Attend BIM conferences & stay up to date on latest trends
Qualifications and Experience
As a BIM Coordinator you will need to be highly organized, detail-oriented, hardworking and have the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks & projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The Successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
Specific qualification includes:
- Knowledge in Autodesk Revit, NavisWorks & AutoCAD
- Knowledge of basic design/construction process’s and procedures
- Advanced PC skills, specifically Microsoft Windows Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Experience with Dynamo preferred
- Experience with laser scanning workflows preferred
- Experience with Plant3D preferred
- Experience with preparing & implementing group training
- Completed coursework in Construction, Architecture or an equivalent combination of training and or work experience.
- BIM knowledge and interest in working with Construction Technology, laser scanning, Drones, & VR/AR.