Meeting the Swift Pace of Change for Automotive Manufacturing
Our history in automotive manufacturing plant design and construction began in 1927, when our founder Samuel Austin formed a close working partnership between and Henry Ford and The Ford Motor Company. Since then, Austin teams have successfully delivered projects for nearly every major automaker and their suppliers across North America.
- More than a century of delivering design, engineering and construction for automotive manufacturing facilities,
- Deep knowledge of the automotive manufacturing process,
- Fast-track – and “flash-track” – planning and completion of automotive manufacturing facilities, and
- A commitment to lean design principles.
As a result, we build more efficient, flexible and sustainable plants for OEMs and their suppliers. Austin’s focus on manufacturing and industrial projects brings extraordinary value as a business partner in this industry.
Austin team members have assisted automakers and suppliers to deliver:
- More than 20 value engineering and re-design concepts for a major body, assembly and paint shop project, removing nearly $40M in project capital cost.
- A preliminary plant layout that optimized capital cost and operations.
- An efficient and controlled relocation of process lines and equipment to support the owner’s business plans without impacting operations.
- A fully integrated BIM environment in the office and field to improve coordination, reduce errors, improve quality and save money.
- A 200,000 sq. ft. automotive supplier plan expansion from concept to occupancy in seven months to meet an aggressive production date established by the OEM, all in a fully integrated, in-house, design-build fashion.