WE BRING DECADES OF EXPERIENCE IN FOOD PROCESSING TO THE TABLE FOR EVERY BAKERY PROJECT
Customer preferences for healthier ingredients, individually wrapped, snack-sized products coupled with stringent safety regulations, such as FSMA, are some of the challenges today’s manufacturers face. Simultaneously, new products must be brought to market rapidly with lower manufacturing and distribution costs.
Selecting a partner who can provide solutions to overcome your most pressing issues and meet your goals means choosing The Austin Company. Here’s why:
- An integrated delivery model, The Austin Method® provides single-source responsibility for site selection based on logistics, labor costs, incentives, design, engineering, construction, equipment installation, and plant maintenance. The components of this model are selected based on your specific needs.
- Guided by subject matter experts (SME’s) this team includes members who have worked in the food and beverage industry. Many of our planners, cost estimators, architects, engineers, and builders are certified in FSMA requirements.
- A solid foundation for your project based on a clear understanding of your goals for project cost, schedule, expandability, and sustainability goals.
- Plant layouts that simplify operations and reduce workforce.
- Equipment layouts planned for ease of maintenance and sanitation.
- Selection of materials and finishes that best meet your financial goals.
The result is a baking or snack production plant where safety regulations are integrated, new product lines are rapidly configured, product output is maintained or exceeded, and little to no downtime is experienced. Regardless of the complexity of your project, Austin is ready with innovative solutions.
UNDERSTANDING THE NEEDS OF BAKING AND SNACK PRODUCTION
- Food safety and FSMA, drives much of the detail of our designs today, whereas HACCP alone drove them in the past.
- People safety is equally important to Food Safety and our designs are planned around safe and easy access.
- Finding and keeping the best employees has never been more of a challenge. Our architects apply a strong focus to the design of all employee areas.• Fully baked, frozen products, are becoming more popular and we provide complete refrigeration design.
- Speed of construction is always a project driver and Austin’s lean design and construction techniques support accelerated schedules.
- Quality of construction is an increasing challenge due to labor shortages and fewer young people entering the building trades. We address this through on-site quality programs.
OUR IN-HOUSE ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS OFFER THESE SERVICES• Site Planning and Conceptual Design
• Architectural Design and Structural Engineering
• Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering
• Fire Protection Engineering
• Process Engineering
• Process Piping Design
• Process Equipment Design
• Process Instrumentation and Controls (I & C)
• Waste Water Treatment Design
UPFRONT COMMITMENT TO VDC REDUCES TIME AND SAVES MONEY LATER IN THE PROJECTThe Austin Company has been integrating design and construction services for well over a century and today utilizes virtual design and construction (VDC) technology, including Building Information Modeling (BIM), to best serve our clients.
Benefits of VDC Include:
• Reduced risk
• Streamlined data workflows
• Clash detection
• Leveraging of model information
• Increased efficiency
• Increased collaboration and coordination
• Improved decision-making
EMPOWERING PROJECT TEAMS TO ADD VALUE TO PROJECT PERFORMANCEAustin applies Lean methods to our design, engineering and construction to maximize value and project outcomes, with a focus on relationships, shared knowledge and common goals.
Benefits of Lean Design and Construction include:
• Improved time productivity,
• Reduced safety hazards
• Cost savings
• Improved coordination among all project team members
• Optimization of budgets, including life-cycle costs
• Potential for earlier project completion due to minimized inefficiencies
PEPPERIDGE FARM BAKING AND SNACK PRODUCTION FACILITY
Pepperidge Farm’s Goldfish® crackers were introduced in the 1960s and today continue to be a family favorite. Two decades of sustained growth prompted Pepperidge Farm to expand its cracker production operations in Richmond, Utah.VIEW FULL CASE STUDY