WE BRING DECADES OF EXPERIENCE IN FOOD PROCESSING TO THE TABLE FOR EVERY BAKING AND SNACK FACILITY PROJECT
Shifting regulations, changing consumer preferences, increasing ingredient costs and a shrinking pool of skilled and unskilled labor interested in bakery employment, along with rising wages are challenges faced by bakers every day. To compete bakers must produce safe products of high quality at the lowest unit cost in facilities that attract and retain the needed workforce.
We understand this industry’s uniqueness and complexity. Austin has deep knowledge of the processes, equipment and how to precisely design and build facilities that meet the industry’s highest standards and incorporate trends, including mezzanine levels for packaging, ingredient delivery automation, and vertical proofing systems.
Austin addresses the complete needs of each baking and snack food production facility project• Food safety and FSMA, drives much of the detail of our designs today, whereas HACCP alone drove them in the past.
• People safety is equally important to Food Safety and our designs are planned around safe and easy access.
• Finding and keeping the best employees has never been more of a challenge. Our architects apply a strong focus to the design of all employee areas.• Fully baked, frozen products, are becoming more popular and we provide complete refrigeration design.
• Speed of construction is always a project driver and Austin’s lean design and construction techniques support accelerated schedules.
• Quality of construction is an increasing challenge due to labor shortages and fewer young people entering the building trades. We address this through on-site quality programs.
OUR IN-HOUSE ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS OFFER THESE SERVICES• Site Planning and Conceptual Design
• Architectural Design and Structural Engineering
• Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering
• Fire Protection Engineering
• Process Engineering
• Process Piping Design
• Process Equipment Design
• Process Instrumentation and Controls (I & C)
• Waste Water Treatment Design
UPFRONT COMMITMENT TO VDC REDUCES TIME AND SAVES MONEY LATER IN THE PROJECTThe Austin Company has been integrating design and construction services for well over a century and today utilizes virtual design and construction (VDC) technology, including Building Information Modeling (BIM), to best serve our clients.
Benefits of VDC Include:
• Reduced risk
• Streamlined data workflows
• Clash detection
• Leveraging of model information
• Increased efficiency
• Increased collaboration and coordination
• Improved decision-making
EMPOWERING PROJECT TEAMS TO ADD VALUE TO PROJECT PERFORMANCEAustin applies Lean methods to our design, engineering and construction to maximize value and project outcomes, with a focus on relationships, shared knowledge and common goals.
Benefits of Lean Design and Construction include:
• Improved time productivity,
• Reduced safety hazards
• Cost savings
• Improved coordination among all project team members
• Optimization of budgets, including life-cycle costs
• Potential for earlier project completion due to minimized inefficiencies
PEPPERIDGE FARM BAKING AND SNACK PRODUCTION FACILITY
Pepperidge Farm’s Goldfish® crackers were introduced in the 1960s and today continue to be a family favorite. Two decades of sustained growth prompted Pepperidge Farm to expand its cracker production operations in Richmond, Utah.VIEW FULL CASE STUDY