For every expansion or greenfield processing plant project, our fully integrated team plans for efficiency
Our team draws from hands-on meat and poultry processing experience and a broad knowledge of federal, state and local food safety regulations as we tailor solutions for you.
Decade after decade, Austin has been an industry leader because we’ve lived within the industry. We know the trends and challenges and develop solutions based on that expertise.
MEAT & POULTRY SME, ED WRIGHT PUTS MEAT ON THE BONES TO SERVE CLIENTS
SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) have first-hand industry experience in plant operations and are integral to Austin’s design-build team. Whether a company is interested in improving performance, building a new facility, expanding an existing facility or operating lines, improving hygienic processes, or automating production, SMEs help deliver projects more quickly, efficiently, and accurately.MEET ED WRIGHT
Team Knowledge and Expertise
Our key team members are up-to-date on USDA, FSMA, Food Safety and GMP standards, quality and safety are among our company’s core principles and we ensure those are incorporated into every project.
Our team understands how technology continually transforms the industry, aiming to reduce strenuous tasks through robotics and automation. We are familiar with – and can integrate and install – the processing equipment that can help lower your costs and reduce employee injuries.
In addition to designing and building high-quality, safe processing facilities, Austin can assist with site location services that place your new facility where a local workforce is trained to meet your needs.
• Modularization of major piping systems
• Ammonia refrigeration systems and related equipment
• CO2 refrigeration systems and related equipment
• Refrigeration system and refrigerant conversions
• Cascade CO2 and ammonia systems
• 3D system design platforms
• PSM to satisfy OSHA 191D for large NH3 piping systems, including pipe stress analysis
• Design freezer walls, racking, floors, under floor freeze protection systems, and vapor barrier
• Concept definition and feasibility
• Scope and functional requirements documentation
• Detail design
• Equipment selection assistance and procurement
• Construction, installation, commissioning, and start-up
• Segregation of streams to treat specific wastes in smaller, more concentrated solutions prior to dilution
•Segregation of storm systems from the process wastewater systems
• pH adjustment of CIP system discharges and production wastes
• Oil and grease removal from wastes, utilizing conventional interceptors, along with rope/belt skimmers
• Solids removal, screens, clarifiers, thickeners, filtration and multiple types of dewatering systems
• Precipitation for conversion of dissolved solids
UPFRONT COMMITMENT TO VDC REDUCES TIME AND SAVES MONEY LATER IN THE PROJECTThe Austin Company has been integrating design and construction services for well over a century and today utilizes virtual design and construction (VDC) technology, including Building Information Modeling (BIM), to best serve our clients.
Benefits of VDC Include:
• Reduced risk
• Streamlined data workflows
• Clash detection
• Leveraging of model information
• Increased efficiency
• Increased collaboration and coordination
• Improved decision-making
EMPOWERING PROJECT TEAMS TO ADD VALUE TO PROJECT PERFORMANCEAustin applies Lean methods to our design, engineering and construction to maximize value and project outcomes, with a focus on relationships, shared knowledge and common goals.
Benefits of Lean Design and Construction include:
• Improved time productivity,
• Reduced safety hazards
• Cost savings
• Improved coordination among all project team members
• Optimization of budgets, including life-cycle costs
• Potential for earlier project completion due to minimized inefficiencies
what does it mean to be a 140-year-old start-up and why do it?
It means we keep in our core that start-up and entrepreneurial culture. We understand, embrace, honor, learn from our long and successful history. We don’t forget who we are and how we got here, and the lessons we’ve learned along the way…READ BLOG