SHORTAGES DRIVE THE NEED FOR INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS AND TRUSTED PARTNERS
The SEMICONDUCTOR CHIP shortage has impacted the production of automated equipment. While several chip producers have announced plans to expand factory capacity, the market is not likely to see a reprieve until 2023. However, working with The Austin Company and advanced planning can help you maneuver this volatile industry sector.
Design-Build for Meat and Poultry Processing Plants
Decade after decade, Austin has been an industry leader because we’ve lived within the industry. We know the trends and challenges and develop solutions based on that expertise.
Team members are up-to-date on USDA, FSMA, Food Safety and GMP standards. Quality and safety are among our company’s absolutes and are incorporated into every project.
We understand how technology continually transforms the industry, aiming to reduce strenuous tasks through robotics and automation. We are familiar with – and can integrate and install – the processing equipment that can help lower costs and reduce employee injuries.
In addition to designing and building high-quality, safe processing facilities, we can assist with site location services that place your new facility where a local workforce is trained to meet your needs.
• Modularization of major piping systems
• Ammonia refrigeration systems and related equipment
• CO2 refrigeration systems and related equipment
• Refrigeration system and refrigerant conversions
• Cascade CO2 and ammonia systems
• 3D system design platforms
• PSM to satisfy OSHA 191D for large NH3 piping systems, including pipe stress analysis
• Design freezer walls, racking, floors, under floor freeze protection systems, and vapor barrier
• Concept definition and feasibility
• Scope and functional requirements documentation
• Detail design
• Equipment selection assistance and procurement
• Construction, installation, commissioning, and start-up
• Segregation of streams to treat specific wastes in smaller, more concentrated solutions prior to dilution
•Segregation of storm systems from the process wastewater systems
• pH adjustment of CIP system discharges and production wastes
• Oil and grease removal from wastes, utilizing conventional interceptors, along with rope/belt skimmers
• Solids removal, screens, clarifiers, thickeners, filtration and multiple types of dewatering systems
• Precipitation for conversion of dissolved solids
UPFRONT COMMITMENT TO VDC REDUCES TIME AND SAVES MONEY LATER IN THE PROJECTThe Austin Company has been integrating design and construction services for well over a century and today utilizes virtual design and construction (VDC) technology, including Building Information Modeling (BIM), to best serve our clients.
Benefits of VDC Include:
• Reduced risk
• Streamlined data workflows
• Clash detection
• Leveraging of model information
• Increased efficiency
• Increased collaboration and coordination
• Improved decision-making
EMPOWERING PROJECT TEAMS TO ADD VALUE TO PROJECT PERFORMANCEAustin applies Lean methods to our design, engineering and construction to maximize value and project outcomes, with a focus on relationships, shared knowledge and common goals.
Benefits of Lean Design and Construction include:
• Improved time productivity,
• Reduced safety hazards
• Cost savings
• Improved coordination among all project team members
• Optimization of budgets, including life-cycle costs
• Potential for earlier project completion due to minimized inefficiencies